Re: [DML] Financing a delorean-Question to all

Re: [DML] Financing a delorean-Question to all

First off, I want to thank everyone for there wonderful replys.

Andy,

Dont worry, no offense taken, Unfortunately it is extreemely
difficult to offend me. Yes I am around the collage age, I am 19
years old. I would like to know what gave it away though. :-)

You answered my next question, about expenses after purchase. I dont
mind not having one that is in tip top shape, although it would be
nice. I just want one that runs well enough, especially for the fist
year, to drive it relatively frequently, and any work that needs to
be done is not necessary immediately, and not necessary to run. It
would be way to difficult for me emotionally to get one and not be
able to drive it a bunch when I first get it. I can deal with
repairs down the road.

On the subject of being able to afford it, I was lucky enough to
stumble upon a career two years ago out of a favorite hobby. I am
doing very well with it and will be able to afford it most
definitly. Unfortunately over the past two years I was young and
much too excited about making that kind of money then, that I spend
quite a bit of it on things I shouldnt have. It was that time of my
life.

About it being my only vehicle, I am lucky because I dont currently
go to school, and I work at home :-) what are the chances. Just
joking, I have another car that is perfect for a fulltime driver, or
once I get my d, every once and a while driver.:-)

I have a feeling when I first get mine, it will take some financial
adjustment, and some time to get used to it. I know it would be most
definitly worth it no matter what. Thats why Im so anxious to jump
in.

Sounds like a great deal being manager at a shop like that. I have a
friend who used to work at a my lube and he would get us free oil
changes and they would let us work on our cars their. Its too bad he
quit.:-)

I know I should just get one, Im just hesitant, and cautious. Too
much for my own good most of the time. I have seen many ds Ive
wanted, but I am just weary on ebay, Id like to drive it and look at
it, and also get another d owners opinion. hopefully Ill be able to
do that when I find the right one for me.

Richard,

Im glad to hear that it didnt effect you much. I was wandering if it
took a bit of the fun out of it until it was payed off.

I think Im probobly going to just save up for a while till I get
about two thirds of it saved up, and get a loan for the last bit. I
am just overly cautious and wanted to hear everyones Ideas and what
they think would work best. Hopefully I will have a delorean soon
and Ill be meeting some of you in person.

Roger,

Well I am a curious guy.

Fortunately, I am single and unmarried so I am able in that regard.
I am pineing for a delorean bad, and have been for quite a while. I

I think I will be able to go for it, hopefully soon, but never soon
enough.

Thanks for all of your replys, and if you have anything else to add
or any tips on finding the right delorean, or anything, I would love
to hear.

Thanks again,

Paul