Re: [DML] Financing a delorean-Question to all

Re: [DML] Financing a delorean-Question to all

Paul,

i hope i don't offend, but i am assuming you are college-age or younger.
would that be correct? i myself am nearly 20 and in college. i took out a
loan on my DeLorean when i was 18 right out of high school and for the first
year, i poured way more money into the car than i had previously assumed i
would need. i mean thousands more. and my car wasn't shabby when i bought
it, i'm just improving it, making it show-worthy, making it perfect and
reliable. and i'm almost there. i had a decent job then and was making
enough disposable income to make my car payments easily but all the parts
went on a credit card. now i'm working to pay all of that back!!!!
definitely keep the 'extra expenses' in mind.

the trick is to buy a car that is cheap enough for your budget (a loan
officer can help you figure that out) but one that isn't so crappy that it
will need a lot of work in order to be driveable and give you instant
enjoyment. if it turns out you are just on the edge of being able to afford
it .... DON'T!! you will only be frustrated and probably have to sell it
months down the line. also - if you think it will be your only vehicle -
think again!! you will probably be walking to work/school quite a bit!!!
stuff happens..

at first buying my DeLorean was a major setback for someone my age but
personally it has been worth it. i love my car and i hope i will have it
forever! the most fun is being with other owners at club events.

the truth is, most young people probably can't afford a toy car like this
(especially one in poor condition). luckily i'm in financially good shape
for my age. i'm only 19, haven't even finished school yet and i already
gross $30,000 a year with my newest promotion (store manager of a national
quick-lube chain). i even get to use my shop whenever i feel like - makes
oil changes, trans fluid changes, radiator flushes etc super easy!! i
consider myself pretty well off for my age - if you are in that position too,
then by all means...

GET YOURSELF A DELOREAN AND ENJOY IT!!!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx