Pirelli P600s

I need to start looking for new tires for our DMC, because we want to keep
the NCTs for any future car shows or something like that. I was reading
through the message archive about new tires, and I read most messages about
tires saying the Pirelli P600s were very good. I also read the P6000s were
good for the front with P600s in the rear.
Are these the best tires for the DMC? I want good, sticky handling, and I
wouldn't mind a good ride. I would want a more performance biased tire,
though. Also, is there anything special that needs to be done to the wheels
when being balanced? I think I read about something different.

Thanks for all the help.
John
4275