Re: Cooling Fan and Air conditioning Question

Re: Cooling Fan and Air conditioning Question

A clarifacation on this previous post. The A/C WILL cause the fans to
run continously ie, as long as the compresser is running the A/C
circuit will override the otterstadt switch and run the fans. When the
compressor stops if the otterstadt switch isn't hot enough then the
fans will stop. (Fanzilla changes this a little.)
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> You are correct in thinking that the cooling fans cycle on and off
but
> when you have the A/C on they run continuously. If the A/C is off
and
> the fans won't stop the Otterstadt switch may be faulty or your
> cooling system may just be running so hot that the switch won't shut
> the fans off. Should run cooler then 220 degrees-closer to 180. You
> could have air in the system, a partially plugged radiater, a bad
> cooling fan, a loose fan on a shaft, a fan running the wrong way
etc.
> Depending on inside and outside temperatures and the level of Freon
> and the adjustment of the pressure switch the car may be running
> normally.
> Since you just purchesed this car and you don't know the service
> history you may require a cooling system service to replace old
parts
> and flush with fresh Anti-Freeze. It would also be a good idea to
> check the Brake and Clutch fluid, it is supposed to be changed every
2
> years.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757