Mileage on a Delorean - does it matter?

hey all...

I have had my DMC for a little over a year... got a pretty rare one
(early VIN #855, gas flap, black leather interior, and auto)...

I was told these are all rare traits (the gas flap and black
interior being the most rare, and the auto was the second most
rare)..

The car is also in show-room new condition, with not even creases in
the seats from being sat in... the leather is as smooth as a babies
butt.

the MAJOR selling point for me was the mileage, only having 4300
miles on it when I got it....

I not have about 5100 on it now.... I specifically never drive it (I
start it once a week, and take it around the block a few times)
because of the low mileage.

It runs superb, I am the second owner, and the first owner did the
same thing I do to it (that's where I got the care instuctions)...

for the most part, I have updated a lot of stuff that needed it,
keeping all original parts.... I needed a headlight switch,
brakelight switch, tankzilla (i guess thats not really OEM), the
tail light circuit boards from PJ Grady (again I guess not OEM, but
I still have the originals of all those parts)...

the air is ice cold.... it's my dream machine...

And to put it blatently - it drives me nuts not driving it!!!!!

My wife told me to sell it, and get one that I do not need to worry
about the mileage on so I can enjoy it....

I know this car has been babied.... I want to drive it, but because
of mileage, I can't....

My question is this..... does low mileage really mean anything???

Would I be ok driving this on the weekends like I want to, or should
I buy another Delorean for that, and shrink-wrap this one in a
carcoon?

opinions appreciated.... is it really worth me keeping the mileage
low, and drooling over my own car because I don't want to drive it
and run up the miles?

Mike
VIN 855