Cooling Fan and Air conditioning Question

Cooling Fan and Air conditioning Question

Hi,

I just purchased a 1982 Delorean and after driving it long enough to get the engine hot the cooling fan came on, but since it came on it has stayed on. Any ideas as to what's wrong with it. Where should I start? I assume it should cut off once the temp drops back down below 220?

Also, the air in the car seems to cycle on and off. After driving and running the air for about 10-15 minutes, the fan/compressor? will cut off for about 10-20 seconds and then cut back on. I had a mechanic tell me that was ok, it was just the way it worked? Does this sound right? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael Parish