slight idle problem and acceleration noise

slight idle problem and acceleration noise

Hey all,

thanks to Gary (checksix), i was able to find the problem with my idle not
kicking down. my throttle was incorrectly adjusted ever since i bought the
car in 2000!! well it kicks down like it should, in fact, the car seems to
have a lot more kick now than it used to! i love it!

my only complaint is that the idle is a little random at idle speed. the
needle seems to hover around 750 or so, and it moves around all over the
place randomly from about 450 to almost 1000, then it goes back to 750 for a
bit, then dances, then back to 750. i know the engine isn't supposed to be
super smooth, but seems a little excessive. what can i do to smoothen things
out? i know my engine CAN be better because it used to be until i adjusted
everything over again. sometimes it is so erratic my oil pressure never
drops to 40 like it usually does at idle speed.

also, i've had this problem for a while too - on accelerating in any gear in
any manner, i hear a noisy vibration sound from the engine between about 2500
to 2900 RPM. you can go slow and it starts, or you can go fast, it's there.
it's quite high frequency, sounds metallic. it used to sound like air
whooshing in an odd way, but lately it's sounded abrasive. it will do this
upon deceleration too, but it doesn't sound as loud.

any idea what this could be?

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596