Re: slight idle problem and acceleration noise

Re: slight idle problem and acceleration noise

This is a shot in the dark but usually a metallic rattle or high
pitch rattle on acceleration is usually ( like I said usually not
100%) the catalytic convertor. The honey comb inside breaks apart
and then rattles away in there at higher speeds when there is a high
force of exhaust passing through it. Also you might want to check to
make sure all the bolts are on the metal heat shields that are ontop
of the crossover pipes. They are mounted directly onto the pipe and
if a bolt rusts off or falls out then that shield will rattle.
Another noise maker that will sound like "wooshing air" would be
the alternator as it's going bad. It will have a high pitch sound to
it and sorta sound like a whistle and turn into a grinding noise due
to the bearings going on it. Have someone rev the engine while in
neutral and the parking brakes on while your listening in the engine
compartment. Pay attention around the alternator and work your way
around.

Steve