Re: Coolant system help plz!

Put a pressure tester on the system and pump it up to a couple of
pounds. (Make sure there is plenty of coolant in the system). Loosen a
hose clamp on a hose as high up as you can. You may have to stick a
screwdriver between the hose and the fitting to let out the air. Let
the air out until some coolant leaks out. You may have to also do this
on the radiater. The shrouds are needed to properly direct air through
the radiater, some owners have noticed that when they had a license
plate over the grill it caused the car to run hotter. If the radiater
is plugged up with insects or leaves it will cause the car to run hot
too. You said you replaced the engine, are you sure the water pump is
running in the right direction? Maybe the pipes are hooked up wrong?
Another trick is to drill a 1/8 bypass hole in the thermostat to allow
air to pass and self-bleed. What you could eventually do is drill and
tap the thermostat housing and put a screw in it which you could
loosen to let air out or run a small hose out to the header bottle
like the self-bleeder system.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "at88mph" <at88mph@xxxx> wrote:
> Welp,
>
> While tryin to get ready for Memphis, today I decided to flush the
radiator.
> Since I've done the engine swap, I haven't had any probs out of the
cooling
> system at all. I just thought it would be a good precaution. Well,
now, as
> luck would have it, I apparently have air trapped in the system.
I've tried
> everything to get the air out, but b/c its a 4.3, I don't have a
bleed
> screw. Does anyone have any suggestions for bleeding out the system
if the
> DeLorean didn't have a bleed screw? Also, I've heard different
things
> from good sources about the front air shroud (for lack of a better
term)
> that covers up the radiator. (not the air dam, but the black cover
over the
> radiator) I was wondering if running the car without this would
help
> cooling, hurt the cooling, or have no effect. One reliable source
says the
> DeLorean has to have it to cool properly, another source says there
are LOTS
> of DeLoreans running around without them and even run cooler without
it.
> Any advice on either prob would be GREATLY appreciated! I'm tryin
to make
> it to Memphis with the D, now I'm kickin myself for messin with it!
:(