[no subject]

After my last post was twisted around so badly I should know better,
but what the heck.

First, I do not consider Marty, Darryl or any other owner not solely
in the parts business to be a "vendor". Marty was a gentleman when he
could have made money off of me, as was Darryl. Both offered advice
on their products when they didn't have to, which allowed me to
duplicate them at a lower cost. My hats off to such people, they are
an asset to D owners everywhere. I will use them in the future, even
when I could save money, solely because of this kindness.

Fwiw, I can say that Darryl's door system is a good design. Although
I have never seen one, I have used the actuators in a refined design
and they work very well. They may not be as stout as solenoids but
they're adequate to do the job, have tangible benefits over
soleniods, and I believe their service life will be acceptable.
My system costs less because it has a lower parts count (no actuator
mounting brackets for example), but not much, so anyone who thinks
Darryl is making a killing is just plain wrong.

>>>how hard could it be to sell 100 sets? Harder than we thought.
After 5+ months of fairly high visibility on the DML
we have sold exactly 59 sets.<<<

Toby's bolts. First off, I will say this is as good as it gets, from
a guy who obviously knows his stuff. (Since I drive his company's
equipment, I have to trust him.) The properties of Inconel 718 are
impressive but I question if they are overkill for this application.
Why not cad NAS or even AN? Why go through all this when NAS is off
the shelf, much cheaper, and (I would assume) plenty strong enough?

Toby, care to offer an opinion? Not on costs (your bolts are worth
it), but on why such overkill? Are you saying that NAS can't handle
the tensile loads when torquing and not exceed the elastic limit?
I find that a bit hard to believe. Once installed, the running loads
are mostly in shear, right? Or is it a SAE vrs metric issue? No
offense, just curious.