The mystery of the center console -- solved

The mystery of the center console -- solved

Thought I would post a follow-up to the problem with my center
console having a 1 inch gap between the vents and bottom of the
console. What happened was the bends at the bottom of the faceplate
had gotten pushed downwards resultign in the entore center piece
being too low and too far back in the console. This ofcourse
complicated fit of the shifter cover plate. A little bending and the
placement of a ~ 1 inch wooden block behind and under the bottow of
the face plate and all is well. This look smuch better than the
previous owners method of glueing a black piece of construction paper
over the gap. Hes the one that bent the faceplate to begin with!

Jeff Phillips