Re: [DML] New DeLorean Parts and vendors (long)

Re: [DML] New DeLorean Parts and vendors (long)

Hi Martin,
Thanks for bringing the vendor discussion on to another (and better
level).

I agree with you when it comes to IDENTICAL parts - We all know that
DeLorean Motor Cars Ltd. sourced a lot of parts from other vehicles -
vehicles which have been built in many more thousands than the
DeLorean. I don't consider such parts as DeLorean specific parts,
since they were originally sourced from other vehicles from the 80s.
DeLorean specific parts are parts related to ONLY the DeLorean (for
instance the AC panel)

My point is still, when you buy a DeLorean specific part (lets say an
ashtray) why not, in the same order, buy other parts (for instance a
Bosch fuel pump) you need.

Somehow, to me, its like getting a Christmas present when a large box
of DMC parts arrive. Funny thing, the price of a Bosch Fuel Pump is
more expensive to buy in Norway than from the states!) Also, you can
always put a lower value on the package so that no import tax will
arise.

Again, I would like to point out that in a few instances some vendors
have forgotten to include instructions with the parts. That is
confusing, so in this area, some of the vendors have to become better!

Also - the DOC UK has found many parts that are IDENTICAL to what the
DeLorean uses. This list (which is NOT a cross-reference, will maybe
work parts) should be published, at least to the members of the DOC
UK who has paid membership dues - you mention the part from a Triumph
Herald, very interesting, but what about the rest of the identical
parts)

I think its important to show the difference between IDENTICAL and
cross-reference/will maybe work part.

An identical part would for instance be the Purflux oilfilter, where
a cross-reference/will maybe work part would be the FRAM oilfilter.
Both look alike on the outside, but not on the inside.

Best wishes
Stian Birkeland
Norway

VIN # 06759