Re: [DML] vendors and other scammers

Seems like things like leg work and research and development aren't expected
to be included in the cost of DeLorean parts in some folks minds. My
father-in law always used to look at something and say " I'll bet a fellow
could make that." Sure he probably could now that someone has laid the
product under his nose. I don't know of a machine shop anywhere that will,
for example, turn down the extruded aluminum blocks for the rear spring
holders and drill and tap the holes for tightening them around the shock for
$50 including materials. I've been an engineer with a major auto
manufactuerer for 38 years and I have to say that the prices I've seen from
the various vendors are no more inflated than the parts prices for your
Ford, Chevy or Honda. Try $900 for a Ferrari distributor cap or $25,000 to
replace the NSX rear quarter panel. IMHO there are a few egos that could
stand a dose of humility out there. This list is made of folks from all
walks, some with a serious engineering background and some who can't even
find the battery in their car. There's no reason it can't be kept friendly.

Bruce Benson