Re: speedo jumping

Andy:

I sympathize with your wavering speedometer problem as I knew a friend with a Chrysler who once had the same problem. I can't help you with your speedometer problem, but I would recommend getting under the car and make sure the cable is not too tight, not too slack, well-lubricated etc, and that it seats well on both ends. (You've probably already done that, though.) I hope that you installed a metal tie or are keeping a close eye on the "zip-tie" ("cable tie" to me), most of which as I understand are
plastic and deteriorate over time.

Regards,
Farrar
--