Re: [DML] Rear Shocks

In a message dated 6/5/02 10:46:09 AM Central Daylight Time, jwit6@xxxx
writes:

> The following are cross ref's I've found for rear shocks on the Delorean.
>
> Some Cross Ref Applications are as follows:

> American Motors Concord, Spirit and AMX 1978-1983, rear All
> Cheverolet Full Sized 1949-1957 ,Rear All
> Chevrolet Corvette 1953-1962, Rear All
> Ford Full Size 1965-1970, Rear All
> Mercury Full Size 1965-1970, Rear All
> Nissan 2000 Passenger car (Except Roadster) Rear 1967-1971
>
> I have seen and used the Napa 94004. They are dimensionally correct,
> inexpensive and offer a much smoother ride than stock Girlings. The above
> applications came from an AMC club website.
>
> Jim 6147

Jim,
I find this information you've supplied to be very interesting.
I've done a little bit of research work on this subject myself and I find it
amazing that according to your info, the shocks that are used on the Chevy
Corvette happen to be the same as those used on full sized Fords and
Mercury's and Nissans. I wonder if the Corvette guys know about this and what
they think ??? It looks like they maybe need to talk to the AMC guys, huh ???

Marty
Mid-State DMC