Re: [DML] Engine Numbers & Frame Numbers

Re: [DML] Engine Numbers & Frame Numbers

When I was in the warehouse in Cleavland Leif Montin showed me a 3x5
cardfile that contained the vin #"s the frame #'s and the engine #'s
of many Deloreans. It had the selling dealers and the origional
owners. He said it was not complete. When I spoke to Steve Wynn about
it he said it was to be a future project (I guess they had so many
things to do at the time since they were in the process of
inventorying and moving the place to Texas).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxx> wrote:
> Based on the theory we are discussing, your car would have come off
the line in early 81. It probably went for it's RHD conversion and
was completed in May 82. 579 is a low number engine, and (based on
the cars I have looked at) I would not expect to see it in a May 82
build car.

> The frame number is welded to a plate in the rear driver side
corner. You can see it from under the car looking up at the frame.
It is probably dirty, so bring a rag!