Re: [DML] Engine Numbers

> This discussion has come up before, . . . The question is, did
Renault assign unique numbers to engines going to DMC (as opposed to other
cars) and were the consecutive?

. . >
> It would be nice to collect some more data on this. Maybe the
DOD/Production Chronology (http://www.dmcnews.com/faq/n_chron.htm) can be
modified to contain this data. Heck we could also include frame numbers
too.

> If you will be in Memphis, this will be a good opportunity to do some
research yourself.

Unfortunatly, I can't make Memphis :-( . I had a look through the archives
and saw that a discusssion like this had come up before but nothing was ever
decided on... I'm asking because my car has engine 000000579 and vin 12180
(may 82) and I was just looking for some more info on it as I've heard that
the factory RHD's (of which mine is) have very early bodies and I was
wondering if the engines were also early. You mention frame numbers - where
can this be found on the car and would this also be a more reliable dating
method than the VIN's??

Many thanks
Darren
12180