First day with the new wheels....

Hey all!
Well let's see now, I've had my car here in AZ for 24 hours, 6
min....ok, you know who you are....:) Anyway, I wanted to post a
little about my car and how it is.
I am talking about VIN #16816, a 1983 two-tone 5-speed. You can
see a few pictures in the "People's Cars" section. It has the Island
twin turbo kit, 16X7 front and 17X7 Team Loco 7-spoke wheels, and a
teal Dakota Digital Dash. This car has been with Rob Grady for a
while waiting for the makeover. Rob replaced all bushings and the
trailing arm bolts, full brake system, full coolant system,
miscellaneous other goodies, and did the digital dash install complete
with wiring schematic should I want to revert back to the analog
setup-NEVER.
I cannot convey in words how pleased I am with the quality of
work from Rob and his people! It was worth every day waiting for that
"Your car is done" call! The car performs flawlessly. It handles
very nice with positive feel in the steering. It goes wherever I
point it. There is no thunking from the rear (there was when I bought
the car). Because of AZ laws, Rob had to install custom catalytic
converts and basically design an exhaust system for me. I chose to
forgo mufflers at the last minute and run cats with tips out back.
Under boost it really sings low and raspy! Driving conservatively
you'd never know something special lurked out back. The car is as
happy running A/C in 100 degree AZ traffic (about 210 degrees) as it
is cruising down the highway with the windows open at 105 MPH (207
degrees). It was so nice to see 3 digits appear on the digital
speedo....:)
I understand why Rob has a waiting list: the work performed at
his shop is fantastic! I would encourage anyone who has the time to
wait in line to have their major work done at P.J. Grady. I am
completely satisfied with everything Rob did and the car was delivered
to me with everything in working order. I came in right at my
estimate too so I feel pretty lucky....:)
I trust this car enough to take it across Texas next week and
head to Memphis. I am looking forward to meeting all of you that are
going. If you would like to see the digital dash in operation please
come on over to my car sometime in Memphis and I will fire it up for
you. Dakota Digital has offered me a discount if I can confirm some
orders and I would pass that discount off to you in full if you are
interested. They want only 20 orders to offer it as a kit instead of
a custom one-off (or two-off in our case). This lowers it by about $400.
Ok, this is getting Walt-like in length so I'll cut off. When
you are this happy and passionate about your car you just want to
share all you can! Keep posting Walt, I'll keep reading....:)

Matthew
VIN #16816
VIN #10365