Asbestos heat shield & vibration

My Delorean is running noticeably hotter than usual. The coolant
system works great; I spent several hundred $ making sure of that.
One thing that I did notice is that the engine will often be much
hotter *after* I leave it off for a few minutes (e.g., to get gas).
Then, when I crank the engine, the indicator rises almost to the 220
mark, the cooling fans come on, and it promptly cools down.

One cause for this may be the asbestos heat shield. Mine is starting
to break up, and I would like to get it replaced. I noticed that
Delorean Steel Products has a stainless steel heat shield. I was
wondering if anyone can recommend that one. Additionally, I would
like to get an idea of how hard it is to replace the heat shield, and
any tips or suggestions.

Another thing I would like some advice about is vibration. I've had
my D aligned and balanced so many times that I finally decided just
to get new tires. It solved most of the problem, but I still notice
an uncomfortable amount of vibration at high speeds (>60 mph). I am
going to be packing (or replacing, if necessary) my wheel bearings
soon, and that may also alleviate some of the problem. What are the
other sources of possible vibration?

One more issue...I noticed that Yahoo has been home to this newsgroup
for quite awhile. I was initially quite pleased with it at the time
I bought by D in March 2000. However, I would like to register my
dissatisfaction with Yahoo, and (perhaps be the first to) suggest
that we move it someplace else. I do not aspire to be an antagonist,
but I find it more and more difficult to browse through the mailing
list. Wading through advertisements, slow searches and page loads,
and annoying pop-ups all contribute to a very unsatisfactory
experience. Being a computer scientist, I have always been a fan of
usenet. At least then we could use Google Groups. However, I
realize that this may not be for everyone.

Aaron