Re: Power Steering

If you do manage to install power steering you will lose some of the
"road feel" that you get having manual steering. In the meantime it
doesn't have to be harder than it should. Grease the tie rod ends and
keep at least 23 psi in the front tires. Try to turn the wheels as you
are moving, even a little is a help. Of course it is certainly busy
trying to turn the wheel, shift a 5-speed, clutch, and watch not to
hit the other cars when getting out of a tight parking spot on a hill!
If you want luxury an automatic is nice especially in heavy traffic.
The unfortunate truth is that as we owners get older we appreciate
some of these "luxuries" more. It is difficult for us as we get older
to even get in and out of the car! Someone with arthritis in the hands
or the arms would really like power steering, it could mean the
difference between keeping and enjoying the car or having to sell it.
Like cruise control many owners would like it if it can be done
without "hacking up" the car.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757