Re: [DML] Power Steering

I did check out my rack & front end and found it in decent shape. I
even went into a few other Deloreans and checked them out. They all
seemed to be the same. Very hard. When I'm driving, there's no
problem but it's when I'm manuevering around town and parking is when
I wish that it did have power steering. Especially in San
Francisco!!!

Is this rack and pinion an exclusive Delorean design or is there
another car that shares the same components? If anyone knows, please
let me know so that I can do some further research.

Richard
Danville, Ca

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxx> wrote:
> WHY?
>
> If you feel you have the need for power steering, you may have some
problem with your car.

> Even when parallel parking, I have no problem with the manual
steering on both of my DeLoreans.

> Inspect your rack. Make sure it is properly lubricated. Also do a
general front end inspection (tie rods, ball joints....blah blah)