ZF Transmission Mis-information

Hello list,

Recently I experienced a transmission failure, and did a little
research on the internet. A few Delorean websites claim that ZF
produced the automatic transmissions for our cars. Several weeks
after contacting ZF, I received this reply.

"Thanks again you for your interest in ZF Industries, Inc.,
especially in the transmission service department.

I contacted everyone who may be/has been involved with this type of
transmission at our factory in Germany. We have also researched this
transmission on the Internet as well as with some outside sources
that we have regular dealings with. The end result is that this
transmission is not and was never produced by any ZF location. The
transmission was produced by Renault, not by ZF as is stated on some
of the web-sites. ZF has never produced a transmission that was to be
used in a DeLorean. Regretfully, there is no assistance that we can
offer to help you with your transmission.

ZF Industries, Inc. has a network of independent distributors
throughout North America. They offer the wide variety of spare parts
for all ZF passenger car transmission applications. They also can
assist you with all technical inquiries and some companies (marked)
are rebuilding transmissions with ZF original spare parts."

So there you have it. Just an interesting "FYI".

Nick
VIN 3092...out of service due to transmission problems.