Idle Switch - Somthing to try

For anybody having the problem of thier idle switch not working unless
letting off the throttle really fast, I have a simple procedure you
can try. I stumbled upon this accidentally when I was installing a
self bleeder, and the same process worked on another person's car I
worked on at the Chicago tech session.

What you can try doing, is loosen the 3 bolts holding down the
throttle spool. Pull it twords the back of the car as far as you can,
you may even want to use a screwdriver or similar to get it as far
back as possible. Tighten it back down and go for a drive.

The extra tension that occurs with this should overcome the slight
stick that happens in the spool. Still not sure myself what causes
it, as I've seen it on many cars. But hopefully this should help fix
it. Of course, you should make sure the two throttle stop screws are
proporly adjusted and there is nothing obstructing the linkage.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960