      1. Re: Horsepower - What a stock DeLorean should be expected to have
           From: "Sean Howley" <delorsche@xxxxxxx>
      2. rear wheel bearings
           From: "john572905" <jrc2905@xxxxxxx>
      3. Sealing?
           From: "mccarthy410" <mccarthy410@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Any owners in RDU, NC feel like getting together?
           From: "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Model Contest Delorean Car Show
           From: kkoncelik@xxxxxxx
      6. 2nd call for western US-Memphis caravan
           From: "Matthew P. Olans" <mpolans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re graining our car
           From: "miami5606" <miami5606@xxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: idle speed Adjustment
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      9. Re: Tires.. excitement and worries...
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
     10. Re: a couple of questions
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
     11. Re: Windshield/vent water drain
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     12. Re: Windshield/vent water drain
           From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Sealing?
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     14. Re: Sealing?
           From: "A.H. MacIntosh & Co." <dmc12@xxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Idle speed problems
           From: "checksix3" <checksix3@xxxxxxxx>
     16. RE: fast idle
           From: "Darryl Tinnerstet" <darryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Auto trans gov/computer
           From: "checksix3" <checksix3@xxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: rear wheel bearings
           From: "dmcman82" <dmcman73@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     19. rear wheel bearing
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     20. wheel discoloration
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
     21. Foam under T-panel !
           From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
     22. DML'er in the news
           From: "David Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     23. Re: Re graining our car
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     24. R-12 warning
           From: Travis Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     25. Re: wheel discoloration
           From: billschaferabn@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 22:47:42 -0400
   From: "Sean Howley" <delorsche@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Horsepower - What a stock DeLorean should be expected to have

As far as the 130 SAE HP rating you are speaking of, I can confirm to you
that if you have a stock DeLorean and you get it Dyno checked at the wheels,
you will not see anything higher than about 105 HP.  In fact, if you see a
value this high, I would do another Dyno "pull" to confirm it.  What you
should expect is something in the upper 90's to the low 100's.  As far as
locating the extra 30 horses you might have to upgrade the engine to find
them.  Recently, here in Knoxville, TN we had a ETDOC get together and had
about 6 (or 7) DeLoreans measured on a local Dyno outfit.  Pretty much all
of the cars showed a similar output, but a couple did show a little high and
a little low.  In the group, we had only one auto and it too showed an even
lower value (seems like mid to upper 80's, but I can be wrong here - sorry
Scott if I had this off).  Also, as I recall, there was a similar Dyno
testing day that occurred about 2 years ago in the upper mid west (I think).
They had similar results with their "stock" DeLorean(s).

I hope this helps answer any questions that any of you might have about
where the HP is located and what you should expect it to be.

Sean Howley
VIN#2345

Message: 2