a couple of questions

Hi Guys,
I'm a new DeLorean owner and just have a couple of
questions about my car I hope you can help me with.

Yesterday when I went to start my car the battery was
flat.The car hadn't been driven for a couple of
weeks.Is it normal for a DeLorean battery to go flat
in such a short time? I had to leave my
other 'normal'car for a whole month and it started up
again straight away.I drove the D for a solid hour to
charge the battery up and it started okay today.Could
there be something draining it while its not being
driven?
Also when i started it it blew a fair bit of smoke for
about 30 seconds then cleared.Smoke was pretty clear
in colour but reeked of petrol.It seems to do this
only after not being driven for a week or so.Is this
typical?Or do I have a problem?
Thanks in advance for any answers or suggestions.
Andrew Prentis
VIN 2883
Sydney,Australia