Re: [DML] idle speed switch

Andy, I have an adjustment explaination and pictures on the web site under
Talk & View/Reference. Maby this will help. You might want to use a little
WD40 to make sure the throttle body arm is not binding, then re grease it
later with some other kind of heavier grease. Something may also be binding
the cable or the return spring has just gotton weak. I also have switches and
grease on the site.
John hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/images/idle-speed-adj.jpg

<< i'm having a problem having my idle speed switch engage every time i take
my
foot off the gas. it seems like it won't kick down on it's own, i have to
hit the gas pedal hard and let it come down hard in order for the switch to
kick down to idle mode.

first i tightened the cable from my pedal to the throttle, it was a little
bit loose, so now it is tight but not influencing throttle position. then i
unscrewed both idle stop screws on the idle hammer, and used a screw driver
to push in the idle speed switch as i set the car idle to about 900RPM
(which
sounds good to my ears). then i screwed down the idle switch screw until it
was hitting the switch but allowing no more movement from the switch, but
being careful not to let it influence the idle speed screw below it. it's
still doing the same thing.

how can i make my setup kick down all of the time? do i have a defective
idle
speed switch? it won't kick down with you touch it with a screwdriver, it
only kick down if you HOLD the screwdriver down on it. as you let the
screwdriver up, the idle goes back up. doesn't seem right.