Re: [DML] Help.....Car Won't Start

Bob, My first impression is the solenoid /starter has reached it's life. Are
you getting rapid clicks when trying to start or do you get one solid click
and it just barely turnes over. If the later is what's happening. The more
than likley the starter solenoid is going out. Unless you have a large gauge
jumper cable, and another good hot battery, you may not be able to transfer
enough current to turn the starter over good enough to start the car.
John hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/

<< I'm still new to my car and it seems to have some sort of electrical bug
that has now prevented it from starting. I drive this car daily but sometimes
the battery goes dead undetermined reasons. Not often, just occasionally.

Got in it this afternoon and battery was dead. Tried a jump which has worked
in the past but engine would not budge. Got a normal voltage reading on the
dash meter and radio, etc. worked. Engine just wouldn't turn over. Let
jumper cables stay attached while other car kept running for a while to
charge battery----no luck. What could be keeping the engine from turning
over??

Only other clue is that the car was having a very slight difficultly
starting in recent days. Like it didn't want to fire. Previously it would
just start right up.

I also have a Code Alert alarm system. I don't know if it's connected to the
ignition in any way. Normally what happens is when I connect jumper cables,
the alarm goes off. I hit the disarm button on the remote and start the car.
Only this time it wouldn't turn over.

A >>