Re: idle speed switch

Hi Andy,

It does not seem that your idle speed motor switch is defective.
What happens is the arm is should have enough tension to keep the
screw pressed down on the switch to engage it. One thing to speck
is the spring tension on the throttle spool. I believe Rob Grady
said there was a recall that you had to move the end of the spool
spring (when you look at it you'll understand) one more notch to
make it tighter, it could that it does not have enough tension to
keep some preasure on the switch. If this is not the case or it
seems to tight, then what you will have to do is remove the arm
under the throttle spool that connects it to the air intake. Using
caution to remove the clip first that holds it from popping off.
Loosen the 8mm nut on it and screw the socket in one revolution.
Clean the socket and ball end out, and lube it with the grease, then
put it on the socket for a test fit. This should make it just a
little bit tighter so it depresses the switch, if not try it one
more revolution. When your finished tighen up the nut and re -
insert the clip. To adjust you idle, loose the nuts on the 2 screw
(that hit the switch), adjust the idle first (bottom screw) whil
the switch is depressed, once that is done adjsut the top so it
hits the switch and it engage, then one more turn for good luck ;)
Should be set.

- Shain
#10140