Engine Horsepower

It seems that most everywhere I look, in car magazines and ads for high performance cars, these days the engine horsepower is always listed in bhp. Brake horse power. The June 2002 Road and Track magazine compares at least a dozen cars mostly listing BHP. Now from my limited knowledge of this measurement system it is taken on an engine without any encumbrances like alternators, fans, extraneous belts, etc. right?

The DeLorean literature I have seen shows 130 SAE net hp. which, I have heard, is measured at the rear wheels where it counts.

Has anyone ever published or measured the DeLorean engine for BHP?
It would be nice for once to have some data about our cars in the same format (language?) that most other auto makers use for advertising purposes. (It should be a higher number too).

Curious in Tampa, Randy Stribling
vin 3228 Aug '81