Re: [DML] Alignment problems?

This is great information for everybody's benefit. The neutral
position of the front wheels (no toe in) will make the car somewhat
"twitchy" and directionally unstable. The condition can also cause
resonant wheel shimmy at certain speeds. The positive toe-in is
important for these purposes, among many. (As an aside, all modern
jet aircraft have the engines toed in approximately two degrees for
the same reasons). The front caster *can* be adjusted by appropriate
placement of shims in the joint between the front sway bar and the
lower control arm, although this is not mentioned in the manuals. A
caster difference between the two front wheels will have a negative
effect on steering stability as well. As noted, camber is not
adjustable unless you have custom suspension links that are made to be
adjustable. The reported alignment should definitely be redone. And,
(IMHO), the only place to have a good alignment done is at a frame and
alignment shop rather than a tire store. While there might be good
tire stores around, they do not usually specialize in "frame issues".
Just a thought.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1 - Straight, true, and stable.