Re: [DML] Steering Bushing

Andy,

You said:
".......... i would seriously give some thought to replacing the whole
steering intermediate shaft while you are in there."

The Intermediate Steering Column shaft part #100840 has an extremely low
failure rate (less than 1% @ 100k miles). At a cost of $240 to $350.00
depending on which vendor you purchase this part from I believe a DeLorean
owner would be better off putting that money elsewhere. The shaft rarely
needs replacement unless damaged. On the other hand the steering rack
wears out over time and has a replacement rate of 50% @ 100k miles.

If an owner decides to spend that amount of money on the steering system the
purchase of a steering rack would be a much more cost effective purchase.

DMC Joe
Tech Information, DMC Joe Help Club, & Store
"Summer Parts Sale"
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv