Re: FRAM E-Z Oil Change

 I have used similar things in the past usually in odd locations like
stationary powerplants and boats. I dislike the idea of putting them
into cars as they usually tend to stick down a little and my fear is
they would snag something on the road and get ripped off with the
consequences being a total loss of oil and the possible destruction of
the motor for a little convenience. You have to lift the car to catch
the oil anyway and it's easier to change the filter from underneath (I
never tried from above so I don't know if it is even possible). If you
drive your car like most owners you will only change the oil once a
year at most anyway and it gives you a chance to look around
underneath which is a good thing. I wonder if that drain is available
in metric anyway. If getting oil on your hands is the problem get a
box of latex or nitrile gloves. (Nitrile is alot more durable and
avoids the possibility of latex reactions even though they are more
expensive.) Another tip is never overfill the engine with oil. It can
cause leaks and foaming. Check the level when cold, before you use the
car in the morning, it should be between the two cuts in the side of
the dipstick on level ground.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757