Re: other delorean on ebay - VIN...4750, 483 miles

Re: other delorean on ebay - VIN...4750, 483 miles

Hey Space Ace,

Reference to ebay #1824304739, for '81 Delorean VIN...4750, 483 miles.

You may want to re-read the infomation that was provided at the bottom
of the ebay auction (attaching relavent 'snipped' portions here).
Noah's response was right on and happens to agree with the information
at the bottom of the ebay auction.

The big red flags mentioned include previously gelled fuel in system,
needs work before it is road worthy and will need to be trailered.
This is the seller stating and recommending these things. He also
offers the buyer to fully inspect before finalizing the deal.

This looks like a very nice "survivor" Delorean, but do not drive it
in its current condition. Heed the advice of the seller and others.

-----------------

>ebay snips<

Vehicle Condition

The fuel distributor will need to be replaced or refurbished due to
gelled fuel in the system. The car does run and has no other
mechanical problems. >snip<

Terms of Sale

The buyer is responsible for transportation of the auto after the sale
but I will work with you on this. The car is going to need work before
it is road-worthy and will need to be trailered. I am not requiring a
deposit and you are free to inspect the car before we finalize the
transaction. >snip<

-------------------

This could be a potential Concours car, depending upon how the vehicle
was stored. If not intended for Concours, it is still an excellent
example of a low mileage, original condition, mid production 81 model.
Trailer this 'diamond in the rough' home - do not drive it.

If you have the time and money to complete all necessary repairs prior
to the Memphis Show, I'm sure others would agree we would love to see
the car there. Even if you do not finish the repairs in time, you can
consider trailering it there and have the experts check it out.

Good luck with your inspection and purchase of VIN...4750.

Don't forget to take a copy of the DMC Houston Inspection Checklist
to assist in your inspection (download at www.delorean.com)

Later,
Rich W.