Re: courtesy/door light mod

There is another way to install a battery master switch and still keep
the radio and clock alive. Install the master switch normally, pull
the fuse that feeds the clock-radio and on the side that feeds power
TO the radio insert a connecter attached to a wire. In the wire add a
line fuse of the appropriate size and then connect to the BATTERY side
of the master switch. Now when you turn off the master switch the
clock-radio will not lose their time-programming. I use a master
switch that has a removeable "key" so that it is also an anti-theft
device. Now when I go to cruise nights and car shows I can leave the
doors open and even if someone should try to turn on lights or honk
the horn they can't kill my battery. (I also keep a battery pack in
the car but usually only need to use it to help someone else.) I have
found that when there are "added" switches there is usually no
documentation so a new owner doesn't know what they are for and in
general should remove it.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> i always wished there was a switch to turn off the door lights
instead of
> unhooking those darn switches. well tonight i made it happen.
>
> i went to NAPA and ordered part# TG6031 which is a 20amp 12volt
on/off