Small Electrical FIRE!

Almost a heart attack too!

While finilizing a few wiring harnesses in the back of the car for a speaker amp for the 4 speakers in the car, a small 12 gauge wire that was grounded on one end, fell and the other end touched the positive terminal on the battery.

ZAP!

The wire went up in smoke after turning red hot and melting a small piece of carpet.

Now that everthing is cleaned up, the engine seems to be running a bit rough. I have no idea if this has had anything to do with it or not, but after this short circuit, the engine sounds like it is going to stall when the car is running.

normal? am i nuts?

suggestions?

Does a short circuit have any possible affects that would cause this?

any help is appreciated!

thanks
Kenneth
05541

[Post slightly cleaned up by moderator for readability]