I drove my car off of a cliff today.

Ok, I didn't actually do it, but man, I wanted to. I was so happy
that the car was running well. Everything was just peachy. I had
ordered the gasket for the air intake and the o-ring for the fuel
distributor so I thought I would go ahead and replace them. No big
deal, right?

Well, I did this a few days ago and thought I'd hop in this weekend
and go for a spin. All of my lovely acceleration had vanished (I had
a little when it was cold but once it was warm it was GONE)! My
problems had returned. To go along with the poor acceleration I also
got as a bonus, crazy idle seeking! Now it would seek all the time,
between 750 and 1500 RPMs, even when the car was warm. Disconnecting
the vacuum advance from the solenoid would smooth the idle out to 800
RPMs. I made sure that it was hooked up correctly and that the
solenoid and microswitch were functioning. The frequency valve is
buzzing as well.

I checked leaks and made sure my timing was correct. When I hooked up
my timing light to 6, the light would cut out intermittantly. It did
this for 3 as well, only a little more. I disconnected and
reconnected the wires at the distributor and everything seemed to be
connected fine. If I was misfiring so much on 3 and 6, wouldn't I get
and EXTREMELY rough idle?

Another oddity is a buzzing ignition coil. Should it be buzzing? Am I
being hypersensitive? Should I seek professional help (for myself and
the car)?

Travis
#3512 (but should be 666)