Re: [DML] PNDC Tech Day/Auto Trans Problem

Re: [DML] PNDC Tech Day/Auto Trans Problem

Nick,

I live in the area, but I was unable to make it to the tech session. I wish I
could have been there.

Ok, now for the bad news. I own vin #1217, which has the automatic
transmission. A while ago, I experienced *exactly* the same thing that
happened to you, namely, none of the gears worked. Pressing on the gas just
resulted in the engine revving and nothing else. As it turns out, I had a
blown clutch pack and had to have the transaxle rebuilt. Yeah, it was super
lame. I had Brad Bean send it to a shop that had done work on this
transmission before. It required a few hours of labor to drop the transaxle,
shipping it to this place, and another couple of hours to put it back in
after all the work was completed. In my case, they even had to machine me a
new first gear (I think it was, I can't remember for certain). Whee. I'm no
mechanic, but your problem sounds eerily similar to how mine started out.

Sorry to be the bearer of (possibly) bad news.

Aaron King
Bothell, WA
vin#1217