Re: Mid_Atlantic Spring Social

David,

I do have to agree with you there. Although it was my car that had
the water pipe come off, it was something i was well aware about.
I had also started to buy some of the pipes beforehand. Time
restraints and the large amount of brake work i did to make my car
safer kept my from replacing my water pipes sooner. I had Rob Grady
go over my car and i got, from what i thought, a good review on my
car. He only had several things to tell me about, all but 2 i was
aware about. I notcied that several others had quite a large list
of task to acomplish on there cars. One large aspect i notcied is
that alot of the cars has very bad warm-ups, and reved up and down
alot. Most likely this was because of a bad oxygen sensor, co
adjustment or a vacumn leak. One scary part was that several cars
did not even carry a fire extinquisher with them. One thing that I
like to do, which is optional is to make sure the under part of your
engine is nice and clean. When it is like this you can check for
oil leaks from the pan, valve covers and at the heads. This is not
so critical for some, but is nice when you run synthetic motor oil
like I do. I do not mean to pick apart anyones car, mine is
certainly not perfect by all respects, but i try to keep aware of
whats going on/wrong with it.

- Shain
#10140