Re: [DML] Re: Front coil springs

I took the front springs off my self, it is a pain if you do not have the
right spring compressor. I know because the spring left go as i was carrying
it and my fingers got stuck on the side which still had the compression rod
on it. I finally released the tension and was amazed how compressed a finger
can get.
You would have thought that I had learned something, I took the rear axles
and wheel assembly off my D. The shock was just hanging in the air, I
unscrewed the lock nuts a the top thinking it was a standard strut and the
shock shot off like a rocket, am very glad my foot was not there, I sat there
asking myself how dumb am I. So I plan to buy the best spring compressor on
the market before I and take all the safety precautions before I work with
springs again.