Re: [DML] Re: Front coil springs

First let me say that if you're not experienced in
removing coil springs and have the proper tools, I'd
recommend finding someone who is. That said, if you
must remove the springs yourself, here's a safety tip:
Get a short length of chain, the heaviest that will
fit through the coils, and padlock. Run the chain
through a coil and around the vehicle's frame and use
the padlock to lock the chain to itself, making a loop
around the frame. While this doesn't completely
prevent the spring from moving, it "should" keep it
from flying out.

I've done a fair number of spring swaps. Even some on
cars with suspensions where the springs virtually drop
out, but I ALWAYS CHAIN THEM!

Good Luck!