Re: [DML] R134a

> If you
> want it even colder then you would need to have a larger evaporator
> made and installed.

Steve,

Is this possible on the DeLorean? Is there room in the dash for a larger
evaporator? I heard from someone else that it was a larger condenser that
was needed -- not an evaporator. I can tell that there is more room up
front for a thicker condenser.

I am planning on keeping my car running on real R-12 since I bought a bottle
before it became too expensive. But eventually for everyone it is going to
boil down to either finding a blend that works well or convert to R-134a (or
do without). If it were chemically possible to find a better substitute,
I'm sure it would have happened by now. There is enough money at stake to
motivate these chemical engineers.

When I swap out frames next year, I plan on replacing all the hoses with
ones that are R-134a compatible. Since the system will be all apart, I
would like to know if I can go on and convert to the R-134a compatible oil
and still use R-12. Can anyone say? Also, is there an advantage to using
an automatic adjusting orifice tube with R-12, or would it work at all?

Walt