Re: [DML] Hot Fan Breaker... Fire would be bad.

Re: [DML] Hot Fan Breaker... Fire would be bad.

Steve,

If your fans are activating from the AC operation the fans are supposed to
cycle with the compressor. They should not be running continuously. As a
matter of fact, unless your car is equipped with a fan by-pass switch
modification, the fans should never run constantly except in high
temperature (above 95 deg F) stop and go traffic.

High temperatures inside the electrical compartment are normal.

As we all know the fuse block is very vulnerable to melt down's therefore I
always recommendation that the car not be operated with the fuse cover
installed over the fuse block. If you take the cover off, invert it, and
place it towards the rear of the electrical compartment it makes for a
convenient spare fuse and small bulb storage tray while allowing the fuse
block to breathe.

DMC Joe
Tech Information, DMC Joe Help Club, & Store
"Summer Parts Sale"
http://shopping.oraclesmallbusiness.com/dsvstore
DeLorean Website Directory www.dmc.tv