Re: [DML] Hot Fan Breaker... Fire would be bad.

Re: [DML] Hot Fan Breaker... Fire would be bad.

> After 20 minutes or so driving with AC on, my breaker gets HOT as does the
> two THICK brown wires going to it. The breaker is new, PJ Grady's
> recommended upgrade. It cycles (trips) on and off about two minutes,
which
> is NOT good.

Make sure you have the breaker installed correctly. They are polarized,
meaning that current is made to flow through them in a preferred direction.
If you run current through them the wrong direction, they tend to run hotter
than normal. If you look closely at the breaker case, you should see some
small print designating the terminals as either BAT (for the battery side)
and ACC (for the accessory side). To identify which wires come from the
battery, check with a volt meter or test light to see which wires are hot
while still disconnected from the breaker.

> Of all the dozen solutions out there, is there one that is do-able without
> investing another $300?

Try replacing the hot relays if they are OEM. Even Radio Shack sells a 30A
rated relay that will fit okay.

Walt Tampa, FL