Fuel tank made from Stainless steel?

Casey,

Since you are so good with stainless steel, I thought I would mention this
idea to you (and the rest of the group) for suggestions. In order to reduce
the noisy fuel pump problems caused by hot fuel, I'm thinking about a new
fuel tank made from stainless. It would give more room for the coolant
pipes to pass through the bottom sides so that there would be more room for
insulation. This would come at the expense of making the volume of the tank
smaller. But there is room in the frame for other dimensions of the tank to
be larger (such as on the front edge). In order to simplify the design, I
was thinking that the top of the OEM plastic tank could be cut out and
re-used. It could fit into the top of the new stainless one with a gasket.
This whole thing might be a bad idea, but maybe someone can give some
insight on it. For myself, I have already taken on more projects than I can
get done in a reasonable time.

Walt Tampa, FL