Re: [DML] Snap on number of oil drain tool.

Re: [DML] Snap on number of oil drain tool.

To stop the motor oil from gushing all over the frame, I cut the bottom and
side out of a plastic bottle and stick it up in there to catch the oil and
funnel it into a pan. It beats cleaning up spilled oil from the floor &
frame.

Instead of chasing down the Snap-on truck in my neighborhood, I just bought
the same part from PJ Grady. Since I was ordering other parts anyway, it
was really convenient.

As a variation on the theme of home made oil plug removal tools, I made one
using the following parts: For the bit that goes in the square hole I used
the shaft from a broken tap which was 8mm square. For the connection to my
3/8" drive ratchet, I used an old socket that was approximately the same
inner diameter as the outer diameter of the old tap. I hammered them
together and spot welded the edges. This home made tool is shorter than the
Snap-on one and gives me a little more clearance. If I were doing it again,
I would (1st choice) buy John Hervey's hex head oil plug, or (2nd choice)
grind down a 3/8" drive ratchet. The Rube Goldberg combinations makes for a
mess when the oil comes out.

Walt Tampa, FL