"1983 DeLorean" judging cars differences from 1982?

"1983 DeLorean" judging cars differences from 1982?

[MODERATOR NOTE: Because 1983 DeLoreans do present a unique situation not faced by any other marque, their Concours status is an important and legitimate topic of discussion. I urge interested DMLers to participate in the dedicated discussion at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/millennium-concours/ -Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

Just a minor point, when did DeLorean 'manufacture' a 1983 car? I
always thought the manufacturing ended in 1982 with the bankruptcy and the
1983 label on the DeLorean was a ploy to sell the remaining inventory of
completed 1982 cars and parts/assemblage of line cars as a "1983 DeLorean"
or though title issuance by the purchaser of the bankruptcy materials
(stamping on the door date). Judging would be based on 1982 or as assembled
by Consolidate I would think. Is there any need to purport a 1983 DeLorean
production run or classification even exists? Maybe I'm missing something
here? No negative implications are implied to '1983 DeLorean' owners, maybe
they should be classified as 'Consolidated DeLorean's'? Don't everyone
start yelling at me now...

Joe