Re: [DML] for the record and end this thread

Re: [DML] for the record and end this thread

It seems that Fatboy has gotten a number of people riled online

Lets see if I can put this in perspective and hopefully everyone will end
this once and for all.

All points of view considered please consider the following:

There are probably few true concours shows in the world and if there were
there isn't enough time in the world to dedicate the time at a single event
to detail every nut bolt and fastener in a car. I attend the annual Concours
d'Elegance in Cincinnati which is a major event covering all types of vintage
cars with thousands of people and I would have to say we as DeLorean owners
do a better job when it comes to judging.

The reason we put on an event like this is to distinguish between the average
cars and above average cars. Hopefully some of us (myself included) will
keep these cars in the condition they need to be for future generations to
enjoy.

No surprise,
I put on a show as I am sure fatboy does as well or has some influence on a
car show somewhere if not the DOA.
I have participated in two Concours events with the DOA and have enjoyed
both. One was by Ed and his group (Nashville) and the other was with Stephen
and his group in St Louis. I was pleased with both.

Now for my point
The DOA had no problems using DMC for their concours and neither do I.

And for the record in response to fatboy I do not choose judges or even
suggest them. I leave that to whomever I hire to run the concours. I have
enough to do. As a matter of fact I also hire out the Daily Driver judging
to two current ISCA officials. They run it as they see fit period. The rule
changes reflect their opinions and the input to them from DeLorean owners.
Marty and his group took the input and did a nice job of defining the
catagories with the approval of the judges. Thank you Marty.

Fact is DMC has the best product on the market right now and what we do is to
go and evaluate as much detail as we can in a short amount of time.
People that have these cars like myself enjoy it Bottom Line.

The rules have changed over the years and will continue to do so.
The first show I did in Cincinnati we used ISCA official judges both of whom
had judged DeLoreans before and are very technical and are certified. As
good as it was I felt that DMC did a better job and I would make the same
claim for the DOA. Not to say on that would have changed the results any.

My criteria on judging is that the best car should win in each catagory. The
judges do their best and that is all I can ask. This holds true for concours
and Daily drivers.
Model judging this year will be the real challenge LOL

I believe as fatboy says that the rules have progressed over the years so
maybe this will be the best concours ever. GIVE IT A CHANCE.
The rules for this years daily driver has changed to make it more
understandable and to take into account cars like Curtis, the Tow Truck, time
Machine and the New D-REX. Change is inevitable so let it change with the
times.

NO ONE HAS ANYTHING BETTER and the idea of standardizing an event and saying
here is the rules and here is what we are going to judge for is fine.

I go into each show with my car knowing that 8 points will be deducted. (hex
bolts in the trunk, no deadpedal and a kill switch. I know that and I accept
that. If I had changed that I would have placed higher I believe in both of
the events I entered. It does not make my car better or worse for what I own
it for (my pleasure).

When something better comes along I am sure we will adopt it.
As of now The DMC set of rules is good enough for the DOA, good enough for
Houston, good enough for Eurofest, and its good enough for me and I thank
those doing it for relieving me of the hours of work and preparation it
takes.

I also believe the DOA version as it was in Nashville was done well and I
would probably have asked them to help me in Cleveland if DMC had not
offered.

My thanks to those who over the years have provided us with as much
information as we have. In a car like ours there are some areas that may
never be answered so we just have to deal with it.

Now please kill this thread.

Lets move on to something else
I am going to Memphis to have fun

Ken