RE: [DML] Let's try again; Facts and "The airline terminal" - Concours d

RE: [DML] Let's try again; Facts and "The airline terminal" - Concours d'Elegance

Let's not start another DOA VS the rest of the DeLorean word argument again. I though this was all behind us, but based on your comments (you are toomuch of a coward to identify yourself) you have been around a while and are probably heavily involved with the DOA and D1.

See below for additional comments-

<SNIP>

> Permit me to begin with this statement: This issue will not
> be resolved with a few off-the-cuff remarks by a few
> uninformed, wannabe, know-it-alls in this forum.

Permit? I don't think we have a choice at this point... But your welcome to share your opinions with us, as the rest of us wannabe's do. Of course, we don't know who YOU are so there is not much credibility given to what you write.

<SNIP>

> Unlike the prevailing desire of several of the individuals
> who post regularly to this forum and would like to modify the
> rules of Concours d'Elegance competition to fit their
> personal poor quality automobiles and modifications, you must
> admit at the onset that each of you has a very limited
> knowledge of what real Concours d'Elegance competition is all about.

I have no desire to modify the rules. I'd just like to see the practice ofbeing told that these select group of DeLorean automobiles are "better" than others because they meet the standards set in a rule book. Ken M did a good job of explaining that most of the point deductions were due to DIRT. Maybe that is true and the other judging criteria is secondary but that isnot the root of my issues with this competition. The real problem is thatpeople like you believe that a "concours quality car" is somehow BETTER than my "personal poor quality automobile". Why is it necessary for you to treat *ME* as a second class citizen because you think your car is better than mine? All I can think of is GET A LIFE. Most of us here are automobilehobbyists and are not completely immersed in the details of DeLoreans. The only people I exclude from this statement are people who make their living from the DeLorean industry (Grady, Espey, DMC Joe, and so on) my questionis, are you one of these people?

<SNIP>

> Mr. Marc Levy : Didn't you have some problem with your car
> when you refused to heed the advice of DeLorean service
> facility professional to repair your exhaust manifolds and/or
> head gaskets and overheated on the way home from the service
> facility? I don't recall the exact posting or how long ago it
> was posted, but I'm sure we can all look it up under your
> name! Doesn't your DeLorean have a turbo charger? Is it lowered?

Yes, I did have a problem with my car. Yes it had a Island turbo kit, and yes it is lowered. I don't see how any of this has any impact on my opinions in this matter.

I guess you did not go back and read the archives are you suggested we all do. Among people that know me and the DML, I have never made it a secret that my Island turbo engine seems to have a cracked ring. I was advised by Rob Grady many years ago that to repair the problem I would probably need major internal engine work. At the time, the engine was still running well (and still did when I removed it from the car November 2001) With that cracked ring I drove the car to Ohio twice, Virginia twice, Rhode Island, Long Island (a number of times) and used it as a "nice weather daily driver" formany years.

Because it seems you so closely track my activities (why would you care?!),That car (#6068) is waiting to receive a replacement engine. I am still undecided if I should install the Chrysler 3.5 conversion I have been working on, or my Legend built twin turbo engine which I purchased with car #1860. Either way, I obviously have NO INTENTIONS of having a "Concours car". (Or can we say that the INTENTION was to have the Legend built motor in thecar?) I don't see why my lack of participation in the event excludes me from having an opinion on it, or posing what I saw as a correction to what James posted.

A lot of interesting information can be discovered about the history of DMLmembers by searching the archives... Except maybe you, because you have not identified yourself.

<SNIP>

> 4. Was that a correct replacement for a damaged door on car
> that may be judged for Concours d'Elegance competition some
> day or evaluated for investment purposes? Did you advise the
> purchaser that the door had been changed? By the way, there
> are at least 3 different DeLorean automobile door panel
> configurations.

OK, I can get a plug in here! I have a EARLY (500 series) door for sale that was purchased from Legend Industries when they went under. If anyone needs it, please contact me directly!

<SNIP>

> By the way. a "concourse" is a large open space for crowds,
> as in an airline terminal.
>
> If you can't spell Concours d'Elegance, how can you dummies
> write the rule book and compete as a participant? Surely,
> none of you have earned the privilege of using the word
> "Concours d'Elegance" in it's abbreviated form, you simply
> can't spell it!
>
> Fatboy

At least we can spell our real names!

I don't care how it is spelled, the idea that there is even such a strict and exclusive contest for DeLorean is silly. It brings out the worst in people.

Your subject line of "facts" is incorrect. You have not presented any FACTS, only loose descriptions and heavy attacks against the people involved inthis discussion (on both sides!). I'm not sure what the purpose of your message was as it relates to the discussion.

We have 5 months to Memphis. It would be nice if the air is clear by then.I'd like to enjoy the events Ken K has worked so hard to put together forus! Your message is an attempt to add fuel to the fire, I suspect you arealso not a "DeLorean Car Show" enthusiast, and only participate in DOA events?

Marc Levy