RE: [DML] T-panel height

Nick,
I have come up with the BEST way to fix T-panel. Take T off and clean black goo off panel and fiberglass. Get some expanding foam from your hardware store. Lay down two beads of this stuff on both sides (on fiberglass) and let it expand. Lay plastic wrap over foam (this keeps panel from sticking in foam) then place T on top. Close doors then lay 1 "x 6"'s across from door to door and weight down. This will make T be a perfect height and match. Come back the next day and remove T take plastic off. Use contact adhesive on ONE part (T or foam does not matter) this is just incase in the future you have to remove T. All that is left is to screw in on back side.

This procedure gives you a perfect mold and fit. You will be farting around with diffrent size foams for ever. My way works and is proven.

Jim
4149
"nbrommer2k" <nickbrom@xxxx> wrote:

>Okay, my car's t-panel has sagged and now the doors are rubbing
>against it when they open. Here is the question: how thick should the
>weather stripping be that I use to lift up the panel?
>
>Nick
>VIN 3092

[moderator snip]