[DML] Radio bracket from DMC Houston...

Hey List,

This weekend I plan to replace my original ASI radio from my car and I
have spent this week preparing for that. Tuesday I got my radio bracket from
DMC Houston in, and then I sent it out to get powdercoated in a black wrinkle
which came out great. Contrary to what they say....this bracket DOES show
around the a/c vents and also around the radio a little. I hate the idea of
having the bare SS showing through. I think they should have them all
powdercoated the way I did it. The wrinkle effect in the coat does a good
job of matching the original vinyl covering they did on the original
brackets. I also ran into a problem with the sleeve bracket the that radio
came with and the cut out for the radio part on the new bracket. Its too
small. Not to complain here...but when I spend $150 + on a part thats
supposed to be a drop in replacement, I didn't expect having to spend $35.00
to powdercoat it and now I need to file the sides of it down just to make the
radio fit (also I might add that I am not the only one that found the opening
too small so its NOT just mine that just happened to be too small, they all
are like this). And this is supposed to be easier how? Whoever took the
measurements for this thing must not of put into consideration that they need
to fit a sleeve bracket around the radio when it gets installed. Whats the
big deal having the brackets powdercoated before you sell them? At least
offer a limited amount of them in a black wrinkle powdercoat, I bet that will
be a big seller.

Later,
Nick Pitello
1852